Mobile Apps *
- Dark Sky ($3.99 USD) - Want to know if it will rain in the next hour? This app will show you ...
- Hello Weather (Free with paid add-ons) - specializing in real-time forecasts with a sleek interface
- My Lightning Tracker (Free) - Essentially up to the minute lightning alerts for anywhere on earth, just set the proximity zone and your phone will alert you if lightning is within your area, great for any outdoorsman, construction crew, roofers, lifeguard etc
- MyRadar (Free with paid add-ons) - Tremendously useful and highly popular, has radar, satellite, severe weather outlooks, and local forecasts
- RadarScope ($9.99 USD) - If your needing up-to-the-minute radar data as a storm chaser, or just want to have some of the best radar data available, get this app (somewhat pricey)
- RainViewer (Free with paid add-on) - Weather radar not just for the US, but for much of the world (such as China, EU, Philippines, and more)
- Windy.com for Android / IOS (Free with donation request) - Radar and weather maps for the EU and the US, more for the weather enthusiast (do you know the difference between the ECMWF, GFS and the NAM? If you do you will get more out of this app)
- Living Earth App ($4.99 USD) - A beautifully done clock app that shows global weather phenomena such as an almost live picture of the clouds, and the local forecast for your location (provided by the aging weather underground service described below) . One of the first clock apps for mobile that thankfully continues to be maintained.
- MebaneWeather.com - That's right, our website is mobile ready, check it out on your iPhone / Android device today!
*prices listed are as of 01/2020
- Windy.com - Tons of weather maps, satellite data, US radar data, numerical model data, now with weather radar and live lightning
- Windy.com's Webcams - Check out what the world looks like right now, if you have a webcam please consider adding it to the global list
- Weather Underground - One of the first weather sites on the internet, now owned by IBM.
- US Naval Satelite Pictures - A list of some of the best global weather satellite photos
- Satellite Cloud Images - From the National Aeronautic and Space Administration (NASA)
- Pivatol Weather - Forecast tools for the weather geeks
- @MebaneWeather - Our MebaneWeather.com page on twitter
- SMS Weather Alerts - Alerts to your cell phone, from Alamance's Emergency Management Office (see the "text here" at the top to get the alerts)
US National Weather Service Links
- Mebane Forecast - Official forecast for Mebane, NC from the US National Weather Service
- Weather.gov - The official forecasts for the US and its territories (smartphone link)
- SPC Severe Weather Outlooks - Delivers bulletins on severe thunderstorm potential for the US (smartphone link)
- US National Weather Service Text Products - Technical bulletins, if you know weather terminology, you can read more on the science of your weather here.
- Tropical Weather - New page on hurricanes and tropical weather provided by the Raleigh National Weather Service Forecast Office
Please see our weather blog on Facebook, for our latest forecast discussions, thank you!