Mobile Apps *
- RainViewer (Free / paid subscription) - Rainviewer 2.0 (just released as of July 2020) delivers one of the most comprehensive precipitation radar maps, including hyper-local rain chances for the upcoming hour, of any mobile app now available; whether you are in Australia, Alabama or Austria this app has you covered!
- MyRadar (Free with paid add-ons) - Tremendously useful and highly popular, has radar, satellite, severe weather outlooks, and local forecasts for the US.
- RadarScope ($9.99 USD) - one of the first apps to provide up-to-the-minute radar data, feeds more NexRad and dual-pole radar than almost any another app (save perhaps for RadarOmega which provides similar details specifically geared for storm-chasers)
- Hello Weather (Free with paid add-ons) - The sleek and well-thought-out interface provides the weekly forecast in a compact and useful manner, we like how it's easy to read.
- My Lightning Tracker (Free) - Essentially up to the minute lightning alerts for anywhere on earth, just set the proximity zone and your phone will alert you if lightning is within your area, great companion to Rainviewer discussed above
- Windy.com for Android / IOS (Free with donation request) - Radar and weather maps for the EU and the US, more for the weather enthusiast (do you know the difference between the ECMWF, GFS and the NAM? If you do you will get more out of this app)
- Dark Sky ($3.99 USD) - Now owned by Apple, provides rain chances for the next hour for the EU and USA mostly, surpassed in our humble opinion by RainViewer above; however worthy of mentioning.
- Living Earth App ($4.99 USD) - A beautifully done clock app that shows global weather phenomena such as an almost live picture of the clouds, and the local forecast for your location (provided by the aging weather underground service described below) . One of the first clock apps for mobile that thankfully continues to be maintained.
- MebaneWeather.com - That's right, our website is mobile ready, check it out on your iPhone / Android device today!
*prices listed are as of 01/2020
- Windy.com - Tons of weather maps, satellite data, US radar data, numerical model data, now with weather radar and live lightning
- Windy.com's Webcams - Check out what the world looks like right now, if you have a webcam please consider adding it to the global list
- Weather Underground - One of the first weather sites on the internet, now owned by IBM.
- US Naval Satelite Pictures - A list of some of the best global weather satellite photos
- Satellite Cloud Images - From the National Aeronautic and Space Administration (NASA)
- Pivatol Weather - Forecast tools for the weather geeks
- @MebaneWeather - Our MebaneWeather.com page on twitter
- SMS Weather Alerts - Alerts to your cell phone, from Alamance's Emergency Management Office (see the "text here" at the top to get the alerts)
US National Weather Service Links
- Mebane Forecast - Official forecast for Mebane, NC from the US National Weather Service
- Weather.gov - The official forecasts for the US and its territories (smartphone link)
- SPC Severe Weather Outlooks - Delivers bulletins on severe thunderstorm potential for the US (smartphone link)
- US National Weather Service Text Products - Technical bulletins, if you know weather terminology, you can read more on the science of your weather here.
- Tropical Weather - New page on hurricanes and tropical weather provided by the Raleigh National Weather Service Forecast Office